Microsoft HoloLens enables you to make decisions more confidently, work more effectively, and bring ideas to life before your eyes. Transform your world with holograms. Microsoft HoloLens brings high-definition holograms to life in your world. HoloLens offers a unique AR experience. It’s great build quality and attention to detail are pluses, and the application potential feels limitless. It’s now a matter of whether Microsoft can fix some nagging issues, and how much it will cost.
The premier device for Windows Holographic, Microsoft HoloLens is a smart-glasses headset that is a cordless, self-contained Windows 10 computer. It uses advanced sensors, a high-definition stereoscopic 3D optical head-mounted display, and spatial sound to allow for augmented reality applications, with a natural user interface that the user interacts with through gaze, voice, and hand gestures. Codenamed “Project Baraboo,” HoloLens had been in development for five years before its announcement in 2015, but was conceived earlier as the original pitch made in late 2007 for what would become the Kinect technology platform.
Microsoft HoloLens release date
Microsoft HoloLens Release Date Early 2016
Microsoft HoloLens Price
The HoloLens has a price – at least the developer’s version does. It’ll still be awhile before we see the consumer version.
Starting early next year, Microsoft announced the HoloLens will ship to select devs for 00. That’s much pricier than the Oculus Rift’s 0 or the HTC Vive which shipped to devs for free.
To get your hands on the kit, you’ll have to be a dev in the US or Canada since these locations will be the first to receive the Development Edition.
You also have to be a Windows Insider and only two devices can be requested – though you’ll still have to shell out 3K for each.
There’s no word on when other countries will receive the kit just yet.
Microsoft has targeted HoloLens for release “in the Windows 10 timeframe,” with the Microsoft HoloLens Development Edition to begin shipping in the first quarter of 2016, available by application to developers in the United States and Canada for a list price of US00.
Microsoft HoloLens Applications
As of 2015, a number of Windows Holographic applications have been showcased or announced, centered around Microsoft HoloLens. These include:
– HoloStudio, a 3D modelling application which can produce output for 3D printers;
– an implementation of the Skype telecommunications application;
– an interactive digital human anatomy curriculum by Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic;
– architectural engineering software tools by Trimble Navigation;
– an augmented-reality first-person shooter game code-named “Project X-Ray”;
– a version of the video game Minecraft;
– extended functionality for the Autodesk Maya 3D creation application;
– OnSight and Sidekick, software projects being developed as part of a collaboration between NASA and Microsoft to explore mixed reality applications in space exploration.
Pros and Cons of HoloLens
In order to assess HoloLens’ technical possibilities, it is inevitable to know about the strengths and weaknesses.
Microsoft HoloLens Pros:
– Augmented reality made useful and engaging.
-Windows 10 means it will be easy for developers to write HoloLens apps.
-No VR nausea or 3D headaches.
Microsoft HoloLens Con:
– Price and battery life unknown.
-You may have issues if you wear glasses.
-You’re going to look strange wearing and using it. .Thanks for watching Howtosolveit Channel. http://www.youtube.com/c/Howtosolveit http://www.youtube.com/c/Howtosolveit